[Story/ Experience Share] Austria, Europe || The strangers are just a friend you haven't meet yet.



|| Austria, Europe ||

The strangers are just a friend you haven't meet yet. 

In 2020, I had the opportunity to visit Austria as an exchange student. As you can see, I am here for Studying. Basically, I am traveling alone and with lots of luggage on. When I have to move around, It looks stupid. 

The flight I took is a straight flight from Taipei to Vienna, so more than 80 % of passengers on the airplane were Taiwanese. Not surprised that the passenger next to me was also a Taiwanese. And the story starts here. When we were pretty close to our destination, flight attendants started to pass down the Customs Declaration Card. You had two different languages to chose from. One was written in English and the other one was in German. For me, I go with the English one, cause my German wasn't that fluent yet. 


My seat on this flight was by the window. I loved the window seats so much because usually I slept through the whole trip on a plane and don't want to get bothered by others and the view by the window was amazing!! Anyways, when I finished my form, I saw the passengers next to me kind of got a problem with it. As I could tell, they are Taiwanese at the age 50-60, and they were a couple who travel with the tour group. And for sure  I could tell that they are looking for help. It feels like the tourist guide gonna help them out with it, However, I guess that he or she was just super busy helping out the members, so it gonna take some time. 

After knowing both of them needed help. I asked politely that I am willing to help. So I asked for their passport and some personal information to fill out the form. Here comes the question, what should I put in the emergency connect? First, I request their kid's phone number and also her name. However, they couldn't remember, so we gave up this way. Then the man came up with another idea, why don't me and my wife just wrote each other's name down. It gonna be just fine said the man. At first, I was quite worried about this though because both of them were on this trip and what if things really happened. Anyways, at the last minute, they filled out the emergency connect with each other number and completed the form. 

After all this, we arrived at Vienna airport safely. During this 12 hours flight, except helping out the passengers next to me with the Customs Declaration Card. This is the only moment I was awake. Finally had the chance to chat with the person next to me. While having the conversation, I had mentioned that I am here in Austria to Study. Right after I told them I am here alone for more than 6 months, they gave me a box of Taiwanese cookies. Told me that be brave and the way gonna be difficult. If you miss Taiwan, then you can have the cookies to remind all the good flavors back there. Like WOW, all this was like drama on the television I saw. Still can't believe whole this story happen to me. Now I truly believe that strangers are just friends you haven't meet yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Story/ Experience Share] Musikverein Wien, Vienna, Austria

[Travel] Almsee, Upper Austria, Austria || The perfect location for the family. Outdoor activities and picnic by the lake which is surrounding by mountains

[Story/ Experience Share] Vienna, Austria || What surprised me when I just got there? What should I aware of?