[Travel] Langbathsee, Upper Austria, Austria || A secret hidden place/ How do I get there?/ What is the must-do list in this region?

 

|| Langbathsee, Upper Austria, Austria ||

A secret hidden place/ How do I get there?/ 
What is the must-do list in this region?

  • Public Transportation ( Train 🚆)

If you plan to travel by train in Austria, then the closest train station to this location will be
📍 "Ebensee Bahnhof". After getting off the train, search 📍" Vorderer Lngbathsee Trail " on google maps and follow the path to the destination. It would be a 2-hour easy hike in the mountain. The road to the lake goes along a river and lots of shadows on the way. Before heading to the lake, I would recommend grabbing some food and drinks in the supermarket. You might feel hungry and energy-burning while hiking. There are several supermarkets next to the train station (e.g. SPAR/ Billa/ PENNY). 

  • Car 🚗
If you are traveling in a group of four, driving is the most common way to move around in Austria. Having a car, search the location 📍" Vorderer Lngbathsee Trail ". Then on google maps, you can find a place called "Parkplatz", which means that there is a public parking lot you can park it free. 

  • Bike 🚲
Biking in Austria, especially during summer feels amazing !! The temperature is perfect and the view is stunning.  The same as driving, search the location 📍" Vorderer Lngbathsee Trail ", then follow the path that shows on google maps. If you plan to visit the place by train and bike ( like want I have done before), then get off the train at station 📍 "Ebensee Bahnhof", then search for📍" Vorderer Lngbathsee Trail " on google maps, you will get there within 30-40 minutes. 

Around Langbathsee | The must-do list

Once you arrive at the lake, you can check the map that locals show right beside the lake. It shows what is around this area, for example, they have a restaurant, toilet, overlook spot, and several hiking trails. You can choose the one you feel right about and start your hike!!

There are two lakes in this area, one called "Vorderer Langbathsee" and the other one called "Hinterer Langbathsee". There is a trail that connects both of the lakes and goes around. And that is the one I had taken. 

  • Take the trails      
  • Having a picnic 
  • Play with the water (may bring the inflatable boat, or swim ring with you)
  • Chill and take your time

My own experience in Langbathsee

As I said, I bike there, and it took me around 40 mins to get all the way up to the parking lot. And I knew that this kind of bike is not really for the mountains, however, this is the best I can get from my friend, so I   do appreciate that!! If you have the right type of bike for the mountains   I think you can shorten the time to half an hour.  



This is the first photo I took when I got there. The sky is blue, the weather is perfect and the lake itself is super clear that you can even see through the water and view the bottom of the lake. I recommend visiting lake Langbathsee in summer when the temperature is around 12-20 degrees during the day and there are high chances that it is sunny !!⛰
The trails are around the forest. As you can see, the greens are right next to me. The air is fresh and you can hear the birds singing if nobody is chatting around you. For me, this trial is not difficult to finish, and it's short. So, if you are not in a rush, I would recommend slowing your speed a bit and enjoying the walk. After this all, you will definitely gonna have different feelings about this place. 

During the whole trip, the only moment that I feel helpless is when I saw someone riding a boat in the middle of the lake and fishing. I am so JEALOUS !! Wish I knew that it can fish and play with the water before I got here. So, for you all, if you love the activities in the water, don't miss out on the opportunity.

Photos sharing





Overall

  • The View : ★★★★☆
  • Transportation : ★★☆☆☆
  • The food: Unknown
Recommended Stay time : 3-4 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Story/ Experience Share] Musikverein Wien, Vienna, Austria

[Travel] Almsee, Upper Austria, Austria || The perfect location for the family. Outdoor activities and picnic by the lake which is surrounding by mountains

[Story/ Experience Share] Vienna, Austria || What surprised me when I just got there? What should I aware of?